Right before I took Brooklyn to school my Mom came to visit and go with us. Brooklyn had a great time at her party. The next day was Halloween. My Mom had brought Brooklyn a couple of costumes and dress ups. One of the costumes was this cheer leading outfit. Brooklyn loved it. This is no doing of my own, I will have you know. The only reason she liked the costume was because her little friend Chloe has one. I don't mind that she loves girly things though. hee hee. So Halloween day we went to watch Devan play basketball and Brooklyn was a cheerleader.
As we got ready to go trick or treating she changed her mind yet again. Although I begged her to just stay in her cheer leading outfit she changed into her fairy princess outfit. Oh, to be four again! How fun. We had a wonderful Halloween. The weather was actually perfect, just two days before we had two inches of snow on the ground and on Halloween day it was warm and sunny. We had a ward trunk or treat and a yummy dinner with family. It was very nice.
My Boys really did not get too into Halloween this year. This really surprised me. I can't believe they are growing out of it so soon. Devan only dressed up because they were supposed to for a school trip. He decided to dawn his cheerleader costume again. Of course he looked great. And Davis, who usually likes to do what Devan is doing, was not about to be a cheerleader. So he was Count Dracula once again. He painted his hair black, but refused to wear any makeup. Sammy was not so into costumes when I tried them on him. He hated them. So I decided he would be a perfect Baseball player. He was warm and comfortable in his baseball pajamas and the hat made the costume. I know, I know I should have dressed up a little more. It's just that I am such a mean witch all of the time I thought I would go as myself.


4 comments:
i loved your witch costume i thought you looked great! And sam looks like he's making the peace sign in that last picture! he he.
I think you look lovely. The green nose is very attractive! :) Every little girl should be able to dress up as 5 or 6 different things on Halloween. Thanks for your expert opinion the other day! It was great to actually talk to you!
Wouldn't it be great if we had that many costumes to change into like Miss Brooklyn? She's absolutely darling in each costume...as you said, oh to be four! I wondered when kiddos grow out of halloween - we had a lot of teens come by to trick or treat - but most weren't in costume - so I wondered when do they not want to dress-up, and is that the same year they start to not care about the candy?!
By the way...I still need to get back to you regarding help on photos. Thanks so much for offering your help....and I promise I'd love to take you up on the offer, it's just right after I complained I couldn't figure things out...time seemed to run out, so I am thinking I really just need to set aside a photo day. Which I'd like anyway! :)
I love that Brooklyn dressed up three times. Raylee wanted to but because she is 2 I was able to manipulate her to stay as Dorothy. Your kids are adorable. Love that your oldest went as a cheerleader...LOL
Post a Comment