Saturday before the big game the kids were downstairs playing. Brooklyn picked up small metal pipe that goes to some toy or something. She held it up to her mouth and was talking
through it. Davis, being his normal self, was bouncing around the basement playing basketball. He did not even see Brooklyn and ran smack into the long pipe she had against her mouth. The pipe split her lip and she was bleeding all over. Devan and I felt so horrible, we both got quite sick at the site of poor little Brooklyn with her lip split. I ran her upstairs to her Dad and after I got her dressed and did her hair I sent Willy to Community Care to have her lip stitched up. I was so glad that I did not have to take her. He said that she was very brave. They rubbed a numbing
solution on her lip and waited for it to take effect. Then they stitched three little "spider
stitches" in her little lip. She told the doctor "no way, no way" while he was stitching her up and then as soon as he was done she said "bye, see ya" she was out of there. She has been so good. I am taking her back to get them out tomorrow unless Willy cuts them out tonight. This is not a very good picture. Brooklyn has dinner all over her face and she did not want her picture taken but it is the only picture I got of her stitches. She will thank me some day when we can go back and tell her story.

3 comments:
Ouch! Poor little Brooklyn. Good thing she is such a tough little girl. Glad you are home safe and feeling better.
Oh my gosh, I swear I didn't even notice on Sunday at church. Poor little thing. But it sounds like she was a really brave girl!
So sad! I'm not so good with the blood thing. . .hopefully we can avoid stitches for a while longer.
Post a Comment