Thursday, April 24, 2008

I don't know what to say.....

Despite how I thought I felt... I was wrong. The ultrasound tech put the monitor on my belly and the first thing that popped out on the screen was a little penis (sorry, I know I could have used a lot of other words but this one is most clear). I can't believe that I was actually disappointed. A million thoughts suddenly went thru my shocked mind. Brooklyn will never have a sister, what am I going to do with all of the wonderful little girl clothes I have, another boy! but I all ready have two of those. Then at the same time I was in awe, watching the little guy move around on the monitor. I was happy to see that he was ok and looked very healthy.

After we left the Dr.'s office I sat in the car with my family and actually bawled. I could not believe how I was acting. I should be grateful for whatever I get. I think I just felt saddened by the fact that I would never have that sweet little baby girl in my arms with the pink little dresses and hair bows. I think I will get over that fast.

It will be ok that we only have one little girl and she will love having a little brother.

Now we move on to the torture of picking a name. I say torture because again I have to fight my husband over the issue of not naming this boy William Clarence B. the fifth. Willy really wants to name him that and I really really really don't. I just don't know if I have the energy or will to care. I also have to fight the stupid Denver Bronco names that Willy and the boys come up with. So let the battle begin. Please send me some cute names that you have for a little boy.

Anyway, I guess I don't have to paint the nursery. I will be fine, just give me a day or two to adjust to the idea of having another boy in the house.



2 comments:

Kjerstin said...

Congratulations! There is nothing wrong with feeling disappointed, and I'm sure raging hormones has nothing to do with it! Sounds like someone needs a lunch out with a good friend/listener. . .I can think of a willing volunteer. Call me.

Sarah Bisel said...

congratulations. In our house, the boys (boy) are the calm ones. So, it will be wonderful. And, you never know, you could have some "dessert" and have another little girl down the line. There are always surprises. As far as names, boy names are hard, but I love the name Max....Maxwell. Good luck, names are hard and it looks like you have a battle ahead of you. Congratulations.