Thursday, March 18, 2010

Devan and his team had a great basketball season this year. We started before football even got over in September with practice and we ended with a bang last weekend. I must say as great as it was that I am really glad it is over. It sure was long! This is a picture I put together of his team. They are a really great group of kids!Sam idolizes his brothers and all that they do. One day he pulled me into the laundry room and wanted to be lifted up onto the washing machine. Once I lifted him up he grabbed for Devan's basketball jersey. He wanted to wear it. He thought he was so cool when I put it on him. He wore it around the house all day.
This past weekend was the March Madness tournament. We had played two teams and beat them both by 30 points. As we entered the championship game the boys were looking tired and honestly I think they thought they had the game in the bag. The other team was fired up and ready to go. They led us by 12 nearly the whole game. It was not looking good. With two minutes left to go we were still down by 10. I don't know what got into our boys but they really started to fight. A really great player on our team made at least eight foul shots and with a few seconds left in the game we were tied up. I don't think I could have taken overtime. The game was just too intense. As the clock wound down there were some great passes made and Nathan shot a buzzer beater to win the game! It was really amazing.

Devan's team has won three tournaments this season. They did a great job!




1 comment:

AMP said...

I love seeing all the pictures. I am so proud of all my nephews and my sweet little neice. I love Sam's expression in that Jersey. He is such a little man. Miss you guys.