Sorry, i have not posted lately. Been a little busy. So here is the Sam update. He is doing great and we are enjoying him immensely. He was having a bit of a struggle to nurse and had lost 1/2 a pound. So I took him back into the hospital and had a lactation consultant help us out. We figured out that he was tongue tied. This is when the frenulum under the tongue is to close to the tip of the tongue. This causes the baby to not be able to move his tongue past his gum line. This was causing Sam to not be able to position correctly to eat. Poor little guy. He was hungry all of the time, poor Mom, I was in a lot of pain.
So we had his tongue clipped and this solved the problem. So I took him back to get weighed and checked out a few days later and he still had not gained any weight. He was nearly three weeks old and still at 7 lbs 10 oz. So the Dr. said to pump and make sure he was getting 3 oz. a feeding. So I have been nursing him and giving him a little formula. I just took him into the Dr. today for a follow up on the weight and he has gained a whole pound!! Here comes another fat Berry Boy! I am glad he has gained weight, but I don't want him to get too big too fast. He is my last baby and it would be nice if he would stay little for a few more weeks.
Anyway, I am glad to report that he is doing great! We are starting him on some Zantac for the reflux and we will see if this helps with the constant spitting up. I have a whole bunch of cute pictures but I just got a new computer and I have to load them. I will post soon.
Calm Back-to-School Worries: DIY Worry Monsters
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
Yay I have been waiting and waiting for you to post something! What kind of computer did you get? I can't wait to see pictures. Love you guys,
Amber
Post a Comment