Tuesday, January 27, 2009

30 Below!!

It's 30 below today and we are shouting hurray!
Really, it was -15 but with the windchill it felt like -30. Why do we celebrate? Because when it is that cold we get a cold weather day from school. No school for the kids and no school for the hubby. An extra play day, a day to sleep in, etc. Fun.
But it is too cold to go out and play...too cold to build a snowman....
too cold to go sledding...



So we packed up the kids and went to Big Judd's were we each ordered our own Big Judd's Big Burger and Big Fries.


But, they were so big we all decided to just share this one!




And in case you did not all think that was enough calories, the kids each got a Big Judd ice cream cone!



Then we went on a scenic drive to Kelly Canyon Ski resort. We saw a lot of cool stuff. This barn was one of my favorites!


We saw 86 deer! These ones we scared away!

This is a shot of Kelly Canyon. We tried to get a skier or boarder wiping out but had no luck.


We were amazed to see three buck deer. Two spikes and this one in the back that was a four point. If you look really close you can see that he only has one horn. The other has fallen off.


I hope you can see these two little doe tucked away under the tree. We had a great day even though it was a little cold.











6 comments:

Lori said...

I love the way you share your day with us. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Your weather is a lot like ours. Calli won't want to go to school there if she sees this. I love the ski area, I had no idea that there was an area to ski so close to you. Thanks for sharing all you do. I love watching the kids grow.

Ashley said...

Look at all your awesome pictures girl! They look great. I love the barn picture. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. I think we're all hibernating! We need to get together.

AMP said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day. I laughed and laughed at the ice cream pictures. Aaron wants to go to Big Judd's next time we are in town.

Can you change your font color? I have such a hard time reading it.

Love ya!

Jenni and Chad Stewart said...

Your family is so cute Brittney! That will be fun to see each other's babies grow together! I was looking at some of your older posts and it looks like our little girls have the same problem (ruining their hairdos). With my daughter Lilly, we had to just give her a bob haircut and give up on the hairdos all together!

AMP said...

Yay, much easier to read now. Thanks!!

Kjerstin said...

I still haven't been to Big Juds. How is that possible? We were 1 degree away from school being cancelled, dang it! It's so perfect that Willy gets the day off, too!