Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So Sad

Here are some of the pictures I took with my phone (this is why they look so bad) at the hospital. Brooklyn was sooo brave. She only really cried when they gave her the I.V. Everyone at the hospital was really great to work with. WARNING: the third picture down is very graphic. If you have a weak stomach do not look!!!! Brooklyn showing me her hand were the I.V was
This is what her arm looked like before the cast. I know it looks horrible.

I can not figure out how to move the pics around in blogger so here is the story of what happened to poor little Brooklyn and some pics of her at home after.


Sunday evening we had some friends over for diner. After a nice diner and fun at the park the girls decided they wanted to wade in the pool. Brooklyn climbed up on the little slide on her wading pool and somehow slipped off and fell backwards onto the grass. She must have landed with her arm at a horrible angle because it snapped in half. Willy looked at her arm and could see that it was broke as it was angled in a J shape. He scooped her up and went to the car. Our friends came running in to tell me what had happened. I ran out to the car to take Brooklyn to the E.R. We spent the next three hours in the E.R. with little Brooklyn. They had to give her an I.V. and put her out so they could set the arm. Then they put this temporary cast on it until the swelling goes down. She hardly cried at all. The worst part was the I.V. She was very brave. She had a ruff day yesterday. She was a little grouchy from frustration, pain meds, and exhaustion. She has been showered with love, attention and gifts! I will take more pics and let you know how she is doing.


6 comments:

Jodi said...

Brittney! I'm so sorry. It's awful when your kids get hurt. Hope everything is okay now.

AMP said...

My poor little Munchkin. Tell her we are thinking about her and we love her tons!

The Schwab Family! said...

She is a trooper! That last picture is UNBELIEVEABLE!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh! I can't even believe that happened. poor little Brooklyn she is such a brave little girl, no crying except for the IV??! WOW! We'll be back on Monday we'll have to come and visit little Brooklyn!

mmclarkfam said...

Brittney- she really is a brave girl! i hope that she is feeling alright and that her recovery goes well.

Kjerstin said...

I finally got the courage to look at her poor arm. Holy cow. She's way tougher than any boy I know! It was good to talk to you the other day. Soon I won't have work to interupt my fun and we can actually catch up! :)