I am sad to say that summer is almost over. We have had a fun and busy summer. Lots and lots of baseball, birthdays and swimming.
Davis had a tournament in Bear Lake the same time as Devan had the State Baseball tournament in Idaho Falls. So Willy and Devan stayed home and Nana and I took the 3 little ones to Bear Lake. I have to say the best part about the tournament was the beach.
They had fun floating in the turtle pool. The only floaty we could find at the stores in Montpelier. The water was shallow and cold and we loved it.
Devan had his 11th birthday. Can you believe it. I have an 11 year old. He is a great kid and a big help. He will be going to middle school in a couple of days. He got an xbox 360 for his birthday. We celebrated with a slumber party with cousins and lots of xbox.
I gave him a box of crackers as his first gift. A couple of years ago Devan and Davis exchanged gifts with each other for Christmas. We did not have any gift boxes so I used cracker boxes to wrap their gifts. There had been plenty of hype and curiosity as to what each gift would be. Davis was quite excited to see what Devan would get him. On Christmas morning when he opened his gift he saw a box of crackers and said, "crackers! I don't want crackers!" and began to cry. We have teased him ever since. So I wanted to see what Devan would do, he really wanted an Xbox and I told him it was just too expensive. So I gave him the crackers and he did not even flinch. He said, "crackers! Just what I wanted". He really is a great kid and I am sure that even though he would have been disappointed with crackers he would not have let me know.
He does look pretty excited about that Xbox!
It was a great summer and I am sad to see it go. Since we can't do anything about it then I have to say: Bring on football and school.
We are deep into football season and I can't wait to see my boys play.


No comments:
Post a Comment