I told some of you this story, but thought I would put it on paper for you anyway. I was having a wonderful day. I was watching
Shalaina's little girl,
Ro. Brooklyn and
Ro were playing noisily in Brooklyn's bedroom. I decided to dust the blinds in my bedroom. Sam was sleeping peacefully in his crib. I had laid him on his tummy to sleep and closed the door. So I was dusting along, when I heard my little Sam crying hysterically. I started to run into his room to see what was going on.... the picture that lay before my eyes filled me with horror. Brooklyn had climbed into Sam's crib and was bouncing on his back like he was a trampoline!!! I grabbed her out of his crib and began to run with her into her room to put her on her bed for the rest of her life. As I did this I proceeded to ram by foot into the door jam!
Owwwwwww! Yes, that hurt. So I throw Brooklyn onto her bed and run back into little Sam. He was just lying there still. I panicked, but as I got closer I could see that he was just sound asleep! I scooped him up anyway and rocked him. I called Willy in hysterical tears telling him something about, I think I broke my foot and Brooklyn tried to kill Sam. I am sure you can imagine him running home with all sorts of visions in his head. Everyone is fine. Little Sam did not even have a mark and he loves Brooklyn all the more. I have an extremely broken toe and a really sore foot. I am on my way to
Walmart to look for safety doorknobs to keep Brooklyn out of Sam's room. I hope we all survive this next year!
This is not a great picture... I am in need of a pedicure and when I hit my foot on the door jam, it ripped most of my toe nail polish off. The toe has
straightened out by this time. I put a picture up only for my sis.
6 comments:
OWWWW is right! I would be hystarical too!
britt...that looks awful!
What???? I am so sorry! That looks awful! I'm sitting here shivering just thinking about your poor toe! I'm so glad Sam is okay. That little girl is going to give you gray hair!
this looks so sore. I have broken some of my toes too. I feel for you. There is nothing they can do for it and the pain seems to last for at least a month. The kids looks so cute in the costumes. I hope you get feeling better soon. Use the time to have everyone else go get things for you so you can stay off the foot.
That looks horrible! I hope your toe does not end up deformed like all of mine. I hope it heals soon!
Love ya,
Amber
Ouch, that looks painful! I'm glad everyone is okay (minus the broken toe) after that terrible experience!
Post a Comment